Yes, you can transmit power via microwaves.  However, if significant
amounts of power are being transmitted, you don't want to be in the
path.  Could be dicey when trying to power vehicles in which we are
occupants.

Darryl McMahon

Marty Phee wrote:
> Actually, you can transmit power over the air using microwaves.  To the
> best of my knowledge this is proven, but I have no idea about the
> efficiencies..  There were stories a year or two ago about setting up
> solar panels on the moon and transmitting the power back down to earth
> using microwaves.
>
> http://www.space.com/businesstechnology/lunar_power_000712.html
>
> Ken Riznyk wrote:
>
>>Tesla was a little nutzo. He spent years trying to
>>transmit electricity through the air like radio waves.
>>He invented the Tesla coil and the Tesla turbine. I
>>think if you link up Turk's waste oil burner with the
>>Tesla turbine you could have a winner.
>>Ken
>>
>>--- bob allen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Darryl McMahon                  http://www.econogics.com
It's your planet.  If you won't look after it, who will?