Mike are you listed on www.stealthtdi.com ??

Joe

Mike Weaver wrote:
Jack up the motor and drive a new truck under it!

I found a bunch of parts for TDI/Toyota swap once on the web

Stanley baer wrote:

I have the old 1.9l turbo out of 94 Jetta.  If I had more time I would
install a boost gauge and an exhust temperature sensor so that I could
safely increase the boost and the fuel.  The truck is a complete beater
(no exhust past the cab, lots of rust, leaks through the windshield
etc.), I have to decide weather to put the whole setup in a newer Isuzu
or start over with a Toyota.  The Toyota would be a better long term
even if it cost me a few thousand more.

stan

Mike Weaver wrote:

Bring it to "Mike's GTDI Shop"!

My 2002 Golf TDI gets rubber in three gears and I've smoked more than a
few BMW's with it - running biodiesel.

I have a RocketChip, redialed the boost w/ Vag-Com and installed a K&N
induction system.  Right now my seat of the pants feel is easily 125
-135 HP and well over 200 lbs of torque.  I have bigger injectors for
the engine but am worried that it'll put out so much power the clutch
will slip.  This model has the small clutch, and I'm not ready invest in
a bigger one.

Which motor do you have?  If it's the non-turbo, you may be able to pick
up some ponies with a K&N setup and bigger injectors.

I have long wanted to do this swap but will probably wind up buying a
used Cummins P/U.

-Mike

Stanley baer wrote:

Mike Weaver wrote:

Did you use a kit?  I looked into an adapter from the Suzuki Samurai kit
but never did it.  Was it hard?

Stanley baer wrote:

I didn't use a kit I made all the parts in my machine shop.  It took a
long time and the results were less than perfect, but it has been
running for three years now.  The main problem is that the engine is not
powerful enough to tow anything.  I need another 25 hp.

stan