On Dec 3, 2005, at 8:52 AM, Thomas Kelly wrote:

My father-in-law......is a wonderful man. We differ in opinion
on one particular point re: biodiesel.  He says, "Lay low in
the high grass."  I say, "Spread the word, change the world."

My car's license plate is BD 100. I talk to friends, acquaintences,
or any one who expresses an interest in bd.....
Several recent posts seem to be suggesting that we "lay low" and
expand as a underground force. I just am interested in the views of
other list members.

An interesting issue -- I have notoriously advocated the "lay low"
approach, with the exception that I'm happy to discuss the IDEA
of homemade biofuels with anyone. Only people that I trust (and
anyone spying on my email :-() know that I've ever made it myself.
As far as people expressing an interest, that would have to include
the local fire marshall, who came to one of my sister's parties years
ago and was very concerned that her little brother was making
biodiesel, til he learned that it was in another county. Now that I
live is HIS county, you can be sure he knows nothing about it!

I admire anyone who is willing to put their neck out there vis-a-vis
license plates etc. I always figure they're either very trusting, very
naive, or else they are truly prepared to make some life sacrifices
for their beliefs. If the latter, more power to 'em......

-K