I use jellied alcohol (like sterno but runny) for pre heating my stove on the trail.  It wasn't enough heat for the biodiesel though. Even with kerosene it takes a prolonged period of preheat with sterno to light the stove.  If you turn the fuel valve on prematurely you get liquid coming out the jet rather than vapor and then the liquid just burns with an awful sooty yellow flame.  With naptha (white gas) starting is a snap.  With kerosene it takes careful preparation, a wind screen and enough sterno.  With BD it takes a torch!

Joe

Ken Dunn wrote:
Just selfishly thinking outloud...I wonder if it would be possible to
pre-preheat it with a Sterno.