I Quote Keith Addition's reply to Mike here as I think this needs some
more discussion,

Keith says  "Sure, if you want to play the game their way. Losing game
though, that's not how biofuels wins. Three rules: local, local and local. "

I think that statement is really key to more than Biofuels, No single
person changes a world that is not ready to change or vulnerable to a
fear of a worse evil.  So change only happens when people are ready for
it or when they change directions due to the fear of an unknown. We are
all afraid of the unknown.  When  we hear of  something  that  is being
done in the outside or the big out yonder we have an interest but little
more than that. I heard about Biodiesel and it was interesting but I
feared it was beyond me and what would the community say about it and
thats where I stayed until fuel prices went to 3 bucks then I was ready
to change.  I found JtF and played around in secret and found out my
fears were unfounded. Now as a result of that my little community has
changed I have been asked to teach and have formed a small Coop with
others.  We are getting stronger every day and in a small town that can
happen real fast.  Now consider if we just learn that if we want change-
then change ourselves first.  Keep in mind this is just not for
Biofuels, If you want to be discouraged try to get the world to change
to your way of thinking by joining every group you can and give your
bucks in support. If you want to be happy decide what you want to be and
be it -despite what others think.  It is easy to give that 50 bucks if
you have it and think you have done something good but try to give that
speech or help do a demonstration to help others with your interests
that are your peers.  I didn't say it first- but if you believe in it
show it - don't be ashamed of it.

Wisdom to all,
Jim