Hi Joe,Hi Jim,
  My reactor is pump mixed too,but I am using two
pumps of different types-one SS from the food brand
and the other is clear water-cast iron case and
turbine.As far I am controlling carefully the both and
I didn't`t noticed any changes,the pumps are in fine
condition.BTW,the pumps are capable of recirculating
the volume of the R 20-22 times in an hour and the BD
is prima!I tried for comparison injecting the MeOH in
the inlet and to pore slowly on the top and did not
noticed any diff in the BD-it is always OK.It seems
that the temp and agitation are what counts.
  Best
  Rumen