Welcome David,
see below.

David Marquis wrote:

>Hello All,
>
>I thought I should introduce myself and start a
>conversation in the process.
>
>I am interested in Biofuels as an alternative to the
>fossil fuels. I believe that with all the technology
>that man posses that it is a shame that we can't, or
>maybe I should say, won't create a ultra fuel
>efficient means of transportation.
>
>That being said, I drive a small Suzuki car and in the
>non-icey road months I ride a vespa. I am looking into
>getting an older diesel car/van/truck that can be run
>off of Biodiesel.
>
>I currantly live in St. Paul, Minnesota, USA and I am
>interested in meeting/talking to like minded people...
>
>Along those lines, have anyone looked at converting
>their home heating furnace/water heater to Biodiesel?

I have been planning on using it for a backup heat source next year if I
can figure out how to use the Glycerin byproduct as fuel.  I figure if I
can heat my house on the byproduct the fuel is free.  This is
challenging though as there is not much out here so I have been
engineering my own appliance but no luck so far.  If and when I get a
reliable, safe and easy to make unit perfected,  I will share plans with
all who want them.

Best of Luck
Jim