so Michael, have you seen these personally? or just repeating what is all over
the web?  I am
interested in the authenticity of the purported labels-  they seem similar to a
lot of "Darwin
awards"- cute, but contrived...

Michael Redler wrote:
> Hey. Is this still on-topic?
>
> Hair Dryer Manual: "Do not use while showering"
>
> Toilet Brush:  “Do not use for personal hygiene"
>
> Rat Poison: "Harmful if swallowed"
>
> Drain Cleaner: “If you do not understand, or cannot read, all
> directions, cautions and warnings, do not use this product.”
>
> Mike
>
> */[EMAIL PROTECTED]/* wrote:
>
>     I'm going to have to confess ignorance here. Can anyone one point me to
>     any
>     examples of machinery rendered useless due to safety considerations?
>
>     Perhaps useless is an over statement.
>
>     Have you bought a riding lawn mower lately with a kill switch under the
>     seat which also does it's thing when you lean over to duck a tree
>     branch?
>     Yes my post was a rant, my point being not everyone needs or wants
>     government to hold their hand from cradle to grave.

Bob Allen
http://ozarker.org/bob

"Science is what we have learned about how to keep
from fooling ourselves" - Richard Feynman