See also:

http://www.mail-archive.com/biofuel@sustainablelists.org/msg59309.html
[Biofuel] Former "Economic Hit Man" John Perkins on "The First Truly Glo

http://www.mail-archive.com/biofuel@sustainablelists.org/msg45962.html
Re: [Biofuel] Confessions of an Economic Hit Man

-----

Video:  Confessions of an Economic Hit Man
ByJohn Perkins

Since world war two we've managed to create history's first truly
global empire. This has been done by the corporatocracy, which are a
few men and women who run our major corporations and in doing so also
run the U.S. government and many other governments around the world.

Real video
Video:  Confessions of an Economic Hit Man
John Perkins

Since world war two we've managed to create history's first truly
global empire. This has been done by the corporatocracy, which are a
few men and women who run our major corporations and in doing so also
run the U.S. government and many other governments around the world.

Click Play To View

 From 1971 to 1981 John Perkins worked as a chief economist for Chas.
T. Main, a Massachusetts-based international strategic consulting
firm. During this time Mr. Perkins said his job was to trick
developing countries into taking enormous loans from the World Bank
in order to construct or repair their domestic infrastructure. These
loans were given with the understanding that these countries would
then use those loans to pay U.S. corporations to complete these
constructing and engineering projects. The author writes that when
these developing countries were eventually unable to pay off these
sizable debts, the United States, World Bank, or IMF would step in
and control the country's security arrangements and budgetary
structure.