I just received a new piece from I-SIS, The Institute of Science in
Society, by the director, Dr. Mae-Wan Ho, ISIS Press Release
28/02/06, titled "Biofuels for Oil Addicts - Cure Worse than The
Addiction", saying much the same thing as Monbiot et al.

"Bioethanol and biodiesel from energy crops compete for land that
grows food and return less energy than the fossil fuel energy
squandered in producing them; they are also damaging to the
environment and disastrous for the economy."

The article is here:
http://www.i-sis.org.uk/BFOA.php

Mae-Wan Ho is not a dumbo nor an industry shill and I-SIS does good work.

I just wrote to her pointing her to the same resources at JtF that I
just pointed us at in my previous post. Who knows what comes of it,
if anything.

Best

Keith