Perhaps the date falling on April fools day could be capitalised upon to demonstrate how much of a joke the US government has become in its standing for democracy, freedom…..

Malcolm

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Nigel Kelly
Sent: 02 March 2006 21:55
To: Biofuel@sustainablelists.org
Subject: Re: [Biofuel] This is not a joke.

Doug - I didn't mean it to offend - I HIGHLY commend what you're doing - I think it's brilliant. I'm just bringing a potential stumbling block to your awareness.

I'm wrapped to know there is someone passionate, with a global awareness, inside the US raising this issue. One of the challenges us "non Americans" have is to raise these very issues without being looked upon as complaining. So thank you.

I also note (and love) the Thomas Jefferson quote you put on one of your other messages.

“The end of democracy and the defeat of the American revolution will occur when government falls into the hands of the lending insitutions and moneyed incorporations."

-President Thomas Jefferson (a founder of America in condemnation of cartel power. 1743-1826)

Doug - I'm right behand the cause, the date still concerns me a little because of the confusion it could causeIf you can find people in the press to publicise what you're up to it'd be brilliant! Maybe some press coverage (if it's not already arranged) would help start some conversations across the country.

Good luck

Nigel