I wish to breed some worms too but my sister, mum, and girl friend surely do not like to have any red worms in the house! ;-) Wait till i got my own place.

I used to have a box of earthworms, more like pets although i am planning to do vermiculture. I dug them out from my garden(i used to have a garden before i moved into my current apartment), roughly 5 of them, i think only 2 were matured worm and the rest were babies. Over 3 months, the babies all grown up and i found worm capsules. After 3 more months, tiny worms clawing all around the box and some wonder out of the box and got dried up(poor worms). Well, all these was before my mum come and visit me.

Oww, can do compost on a pile that small? Gonna try it someday, meanwhile later i will go to pet shop and get some air tubes for my methane test. Ohh, and of course, some banana too.

Rexis