-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Jason & Katie
Sent: Tuesday, March 14, 2006 7:13 PM
To: Biofuel@sustainablelists.org
Subject: Re: [Biofuel] automating titration

Mr. McGinness
i thank you for the advice on the pumps/ flow controls, i hadnt considered
ready-made equipment (i usually build my own rig) ill have to look into
that, but my problem does not lie within the realm of mechanics. i need a
mathematical equation that i can manipulate to find the volume of  base
needed to bring the acid to a pH of 8.4.

the knowns will be:

pH of the base (by reference measurement)
pH of the Oil (by measurement)
volume of the oil (by external input)

the variable will be:

volume of base needed to reach a pH of 8.4

i have the outline of what i need, i just dont know how to put it together
and make it work and pH isnt some simple (A+B)/C= "your number here"
equation, which is confusing me beyond anything ive ever tried before (im
horrible at math).

messages):