From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Sunday, March 12, 2006 12:41 PM
To: Biofuel@sustainablelists.org
Subject: Re: [Biofuel] Scientists Racing to Ease Painful PTSD Memories

Keith at Biofuel@sustainablelists.org wrote:
"Does anything know anything about soldiers being given drugs
before going into combat, as has been alleged?"

Several US militiary men returning from Iraq have become violent
against their wives, some wives being killed by these husbands
in a California base. There has been a lot of speculation that this
violence was brought on by reactions to drugs in their systems,
but I haven't heard of any studies confirming this. If such studies
did exist, we probably wouldn't hear about them anyway.

There were news reports in England, where I lived at the time,
that the Chinese troops who mowed down the protesters in
Tiannamin Square were given drugs to make them aggressive,
and this, in addition to being told that the students in the Square
had been extremely violent, made them willing to kill their own
people. Did US news sources report this?

Marilyn

messages):