On Mar 15, 2006, at 7:49 AM, greg Kelly wrote:

.....my question has to do with keeping the mixture up to temp
while the reaction is going on..... I am wondering if I could use
a hot water bath that is electrically heated?

Shouldn't be necessary -- even my little 7 gallon batches only
drop from 35C to maybe 30C over the course of an hour. Of
course, if it's freezing in your work area, or you want to keep the
batch warm for several hours, you might need something like
you suggest.

-K