Hi

You might want to think about investigating permaculture.  We have a
smallholding in Scotland which I bought recently, it has been farmed mostly
for livestock.  The previous owners had a veg garden and kept pigs.  We
have already started planning and developing the site using permaculture
principles to grow food for ourselves with perhaps a little left over to
sell to our local community.

Cheers

Chris