>>Whenever MLK came to town you knew you either gave him whathe wanted or you
>>would have violence on your hands.<<
Hogwash. MLK advocated non-violence.  But, MLK was not "in charge" of every
element of the Civil Rights movement.
He was a leader to many, but not a commander to all.  If some members of the
community wanted to riot, MLK could not just issue an order and stop them.

Look up "Bull Connor"  MLK and his marcher were not *allowed* to have a
peaceful march.

I think reading a little history might save you future embarrassment.