>Another reactivity question; how about sweated [lead free
>solder}copper piping and brass valves for plumbing on a processor ?
>Thanks for all the info
>Andrew Leven

Copper and SVO: "I'm not so worried about the copper but what the
copper does to the fuel. Did you ever check what happened to your
fuel properties like oxidation stability and acid value? A lot of
research has been done in Germany on VO (and biodiesel) fuel
properties, and who I consider as the leading experts clearly warn
against using copper in connection with VO because of the catalytic
effect it has on the VO. The laboratory ASG Analytik-Service
(http://www.asg-analytik.de), who were involved in the research
leading to the "Rape Seed Oil Fuel Standard", says that just a few
PPM of copper in VO will change the oxidation stability... [In SVO
systems] with a catalytic metal, I think you have the best conditions
and environment for decomposition of the VO, and the effects it has
on the fuel properties again have an impact on the engine
performance, engine conditions (lifetime) and emissions composition."
-- Niels Ansø, Folkecenter, Denmark

Effects of copper on SVO: Standardisierung von Rapsöl als Kraftstoff
- Untersuchungen zu Kenngröben, Prüfverhafen und Grenzwerten, by
Edgar Remmele, thesis on vegetable oil as fuel -- see pp 144-146 for
the effects of copper on vegetable oil. Acrobat file, 1.4Mb - in
German.
http://tumb1.biblio.tu-muenchen.de/publ/diss/ww/2002/remmele.pdf

-- From: Straight vegetable oil as diesel fuel
http://journeytoforever.org/biodiesel_svo.html