bob allen wrote:

> Robert,
> nettles contain histamine-like compounds which cause serious irritation
> to tissues of higher animals.  I wonder if your steep would be useful as
> an insect antifeedant on garden plants?

        That's an interesting possibility.  I wonder what a foliar spray of
nettle juice would do to the aphids that have infested my trees in
years past . . .  (Ah, but then what would happen to the predatory wasps?)

> BTW, I like milkweed buds similarly prepared- they're a little like
> brussel sprouts.

        Really?  I haven't seen any milkweed around here, but I think your
Gulf Coast climate is warmer than the one I live in.

        Thanks for the advice!  I'm going to give it a try!

robert luis rabello
"The Edge of Justice"
Adventure for Your Mind
http://www.newadventure.ca