> As my distillation temps rose towards 200F (93C) could I have been
including water in my distillate?

Yes, and you probably did. This is why they use distillation columns in
industry.

Zeolytes should work. Just make sure that whatever one you choose is
capable of absorbing water. Not all zeolytes are designed for the same
capability. While porosity may be the wrong word to define how they're
constructed, zeolytes are engineered to absorb specific sized molecules.

Todd Swearingen