Hi Tom;

Your post made it to the list.  There is a switch for self delivery did
you inadvetantly turn it off lately when changing settings for the list
server?

Anyways Ken says zeolite once in use will reliably only adsorb more like
10% of it's weight in water.
Sorry I thought you were running a vacuum processor like me.  Yes the
line from the tank must be insulated.  It is handy to insert a
thermometer beneath this insulation to monitor vapour temperature while
things proceed.  A molecular sieve is normally fitted with a heated and
insulated jacket which allows it to be regenerated in situ using the
vacuum system to assist drying. Often these are used to prevent oil from
a mechanical pump backstreaming under molecular flow conditions ( below
50 millitorr as a general rule but depends on geometries) into the rest
of the vacuum system.  In that case the sieve is fitted just upstream of
the pump.  In our case I would put it just above the condenser at a
point where vapours can flow vertically downward through it.  If I
really wanted to be clever I could build a fractionating column and use
the zeolite beads as the fractionating media and kill two birds with one
stone.
The process would involve recovering methanol and then as a final step
the trap would be heated and the vacuum pump used to dry the zeolite.
The water would then precipitate out and be collected in a separate
container from the methanol.  The actual amount of water removed would
then be known. Process endpoint would be decided by an improvement in
the vacuum at a fixed pumping rate.

Best regards.

Let us know what you learn.

Joe