I was specifically addressing pollution, not ecological disaster,
althoug arguably Katrina is similar to Three Gorges Dam.
Both were (largely) avoidable, with Katrina especially. 1.  I think
there is a good argument to be made that global warming contributed to
the severity.  And that to FEMA, Army Corps failures and you've got a
catastophe.  But I think 3 Gorges was completely preventable, and I
think Lousiana
would have still been hit a major storm.  I haven't heard anything that
Big Oil somehow planned to let a major storm flatten NO.  I think that
was incompetence, racism and classism.

Well, Kenny Boy and Skilling got sent away, even a presidential nickname
couldn't save them.
It's flawed, I don't deny that, but it often works.  It's legal to start
a business in the US.  It's not in other countries.  Try Guinea - Conakry.
Heck try France, if your business fails, and many startups do, then you
have an immediate law for fraud.  It's assumed you are a crook if your
business fails.  How many people want to take that on?  Not a good way
to keep the clever young people at home.  They all go to Britain.

Sciavo is over.  They're trying again with gay marriage.  I'm getting
bored.  I'm going to email my Republican Senators and ask why they are
allowing the federal goverment to take away power from our fair and
sovereign state - which always regulated marriage.  Why is it now a
Federal issue?