Mike,

This was very interesting to hear, because it show how systematic
it was/is. I had some insight in foreign aid from Sweden and some
other donor countries, which have 10 to 20 times higher part of GDP
than US. One of the holy principles is that it should be spent on the
best value for the recipient. Completely opposite to US, who have
strings attached, that will ensure the spending in US and to the
benefit of US suppliers. It is also some fudging going on with some
parts of war material included in the US foreign aid numbers.

I did not know that it was systematic down to the state level. LOL

Hakan