Hi Tom;

Well from what I can find methanol should be larger than 3 angstroms BUT
I would also be surprised if the zeolite had an absolute pore size.  It
is probably avareage pore size so it would adsorb a little methanol I
would guess.  But while ambient air does always contain some water it
does not for all intents and purposes contain methanol so your air
drying should result in methanol diffusing out of the material
eventually whereas water would diffuse out from saturated zeolite (or
into dry zeolite)until an equilibrium is reached between external and
internal water content. even in the oven you have not removed all of it.
  In fact you never will. Desorbtion is always an exponential decay scene.

An evacuated desicator heated by the sun might work just fine.  You
might have to re-evacuate it a few times.  When doing this if you first
backfill the container with a hot dry gas it will help scavenge the
water from the system. Admitting air to the hot container will
approximate this but heated dry N2 would be preferable.

BTW having a vacuum pump around does have a lot of advantages, you are
right.  For instance storing caustic in a vacuum bell prevents
carbonation and also keeps it dry :)

Joe