We can't even keep our own currency up these days...the USD has steadily
gone down.  We're living on borrowed time (and money).

What I can't understand is why a lot of the Commonwealth countries
follow along by electing the pols the do - Oz, Canada and I don't know
as much
about the Kiwis - but when I meet Aussies and Kiwis and (Brits for that
matter) here and abroad they seem so much more sensible than their leaders.

There was a time when the US, (now sadly long past),  DID provide good
ideas and had many institutions worth emulating.  Now I don't see why
ANY developed
country would march in our shadow.

Weaver