Depends on the tracking unit. Most were setup and knew "about" where the
sat should be located then used a AGC
loop to to fine tracking. A easy sun tracker would do about the same
using some photo diodes or small solar cells at
4 points on the dish wired to just balance the readings from opposing
units. It is trivial to use a embedded setup to track
the sun. Interfacing that to your tracker could be a issue. If you send
me specs on what you have I would be happy to see
what could be done.