I didn't.

Kirk McLoren wrote:
WHy would you advocate hydrogen with all its losses. Supercaps are the perfect battery for transportation. More efficient than lead acid too (and no lead)
- as for hydrogen who needs 25% system efficiency?
Kirk

Mike Redler <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
"The bottom line is that the world has to go Hydrogen."

Every once in a while we find a post that challenges years of research and discussion and asks everyone to take a giant step back and re-examine ideas on a particular issue long after a consensus has been reached, as if we've missed something.

Even though it's discouraging, I would be willing to re-examine an issue
if new evidence reveals itself. In fact, I would consider it crucial.

But, what's most discouraging is when a forum discusses energy strategy
for years, realizes that a comprehensive energy strategy will involve
numerous schemes for renewable energy and biofuels, then finds a post in
that forum that includes a statement to the effect of: "The answer is...".

The oil industry has made us dependent on it, even when it's not the
best source of energy for a given application. It has brought men to
power who have influenced the highest levels of government to ensure
that competitive alternatives are squashed. We've learned that a single
energy source which fosters a dependence on it due to the exclusivity of
the raw materials or technologies, provides a substitute for our current
dependency on oil. At it's worst, we know that such a dependency brings
to power those who will encourage a government to help them exploit or
even militarily control other countries.

Although I keep an open mind toward all energy technologies (including
hydrogen), I encourage you not to place all importance on one.

-Redler