>sorry, bad explanation again. i meant as a lubricant not a fuel, i
>believe it was kieth who pointed me at information about castor oil.
>it breaks down under heat and pressure and the lubricative
>properties are enhanced after a period of use. the problem is if it
>breaks down too far, it turns to a thick messy sludge with little or
>no continuing benefit as a lubricant.
>
>Jason

This one I think:
http://www.georgiacombat.com/CASTOR_OIL.htm
CASTOR OIL

They prevent the final breakdown with additives:

"Unfortunately, the end byproduct of this process is what we refer to
as "varnish." So, you can't have everything, but you can come close
by running a mixture of castor oil with polyalkylene glycol like
Union Carbide's UCON, or their MA 731. This mixture has some
synergistic properties, or better properties than either product had
alone."

Best

Keith