Hi,

Is it possible for methoxide solution to degrade ? I've had
400ml of it in 5l container waiting in a cool and dark place
(basement) for a couple of months. It seemed to have a bit
of some sediment on the bottom, but recently when I tried
to use it, I could clearly see it was quite a bit of white
dust (a bit like a light sand). Also, the solution wasn't
absolutely clear and translucent, and it lost about 50ml in
volume. I thought the container was really hermetic...

The solution I'm talking about took 400ml of methanol and 7g
of NaOH.

--
cheers,

 Rafal Szczesniak      **mir[at]diament.iit.pwr.wroc.pl
 Samba Team member     mi***[at]samba.org