As an option, why not consider buying power off your neighbour (in lieu of
running a diesel genset), cabling the system permanently underground, and
using an off-grid system to supplement. This way, in periods of clouds, you
could charge off the grid, and use the grid connection for low power items
like refrigeration.
 The cable is not very big to run a 300m 220v, 20 A system. Costs go up as the
cable size/current draw increases.
regards Doug