From: "Thomas Kelly" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <biofuel@sustainablelists.org>
Subject: Re: [Biofuel] WVO
Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2006 21:33:35 -0400

Luke,
     "So chicken fat it is."     Maybe.

     Did you use bottom heat?   as in a pot on the stove?
If so, did it crackle a bit? Any water on the bottom?
     If you used a submersible heater, did bubbles form around the heating
element?

     The white stuff ,  "about 5%", might be water.

I use 100% BD in my car until night temps get down around freezing (32F
/~2C). I then go to a 70% BD : 30% winterized petro diesel blend. 32F is a
good deal below the cloud point of my BD. (You can check your BD by putting
it in the fridge, check occassionally, read temp when it starts to cloud.) I
drive an '82 Mercedes 300SD. I think it would pump jello.
     Last year I "winterized" my BD as described at JTF.
This year I have separated WVO with the lowest cloud point from WVO that
clouds at high temps. When the temps go down, the stuff that clouds easily
becomes heating fuel for my house ...  tank in basement, the other stuff
becomes BD for my car ... outside in the cold.
     I actually like BD made from the WVO w. chicken fat. The car exhaust
smells more like a barbeque than like french fries. My next 20 gal (76L)
batch will have about 5 gal of bacon grease ....  solid, had to melt it.
It'll go in the car. I sometimes go fishing w a friend early in the morning.
He has requested bacon and egg exhaust. Maybe this next batch will fit the
bill.
     Good luck w the WVO
     By the way, what do you get for a titration on it?

                                  Tom