Hi Rafal

>What is max temperature you would consider "safe" for the process ?
>
>I know methanol boils at 64.7 degC, but it starts evaporating before
>reaching this point. Does that mean the temperature higher than
>55 degC kept for, say half a minute, causes that a big part of methanol
>goes away ?

Goes where? If it's a closed processor (as it should be) the methanol
vapours won't go very far, most or all of it will condense on the
underside of the lid and drop back in again.

Have a look at what it says about it here:
The 'Deepthort 100B' Batch Reactor
http://journeytoforever.org/biodiesel_processor8.html

Best

Keith