Our AC works fine but I don't like using it as it really adds up.
You also start out comfortable but an hour later if you set it too cold, you
end up using a sheet to
keep your front from freezing and your back and body core is still hot.

I mentioned the thermocouple idea as I have all the components to build one, I
am just missing a good 12vdc
pump and a couple of sensors.. The "blanket" is a series of plastic tubing sewn
in concentric channels between
cotton wicking.. a la quilt type design. The cooled liquid circulates through
the "blanket and excess heat is removed through a heat sink before cooling and
the cycle is repeated. I see no "clammy problem" with such a system. Once I get
those last parts, I am making one. I'll post the results,

regards
tallex

Get your daily alternative energy news

Alternate Energy Resource Network