So I get this cyptic email from a collegue stating the Armada he had been
waiting for has finally arived.  So he proceeds to describe how he went to the
Armada down at the river and had a tour of the raft, brought them some cookies,
chocolate, and rope and was impressed.  Needless to say, I was just about as
confused as you should be about now:

The story:  A group of people (many would say crazy) put together a raft to
float down the Mississippi.  Truly, any description I give cannot do justice to
their own.  Check it out here: http://www.missrockaway.org/wordpress/

the blog is the best place to start.

And now that I have your (in)attention... here is the relevant part.  The
engineering of the raft was actually planned out and motors they crafted use VW
Rabbit diesels that run on WVO:

http://www.missrockaway.org/wordpress/?page_id=39

Considering all the depressing news, this should provide a small break from the
toil and torment.

-dave