Hi Doug I am interested in the ethanol production you are using. What is it can you point me in the right direction? Is it the acid base as is explained at J.T.F.? As for the carb problems maybe a marine carb is more tolerant of the alcohol fuel if not there are places that could chrome or anodize the carb bowls for a price you would need to re thread all the holes. Or maybe powder coating would work.

Good luck Derick

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of lres1
Sent: Monday, September 04, 2006 12:03 AM
To: Biofuel@sustainablelists.org
Subject: [Biofuel] Ethanol V's Methanol

Would like to know the advantages if any of using Methanol instead of Ethanol in making bio-diesel. It is very easy to make Ethanol with down to 15% water. Seems kinda silly to make Ethanol and Methanol if Ethanol will do all.

Have now got a MPEFI Jeep running on 80% Ethanol and 20% water as a straight injection. Have a few bugs to work out but total conversion cost is less than US$20.00.

To convert back to RUG is a flick of a switch on the dash.

This makes more sense now to use the Ethanol instead of making Methanol for bio-diesel production as I already make the ethanol and it can replace RUG in a MPEFI engine or standard carb engine. I still have no replies on how to lacquer or coat an alloy carburetor to stop reactions with the Ethanol. At present The system is fully drained and blown with compressed air to clear out all water and Ethanol. Would be kinda nice to be able to shut the engines off and just walk away and not have the cleaning time.

I do not want to get rid of the water in my Ethanol replacement for RUG as it gives much more power than RUG at 80 to 85% Ethanol and 15 to 20% water mix. The plasticized fuel tanks and lines can handle it all the carbs can not.

My next step is to try and run 502 C.I. V8 engines and 351 modified engines and 350 C.I. engines with 4 barrel hollies on Ethanol but need to clear up the carb reaction problems with the alloys involved.

Would like to know how to get to 0.5% water for bio-diesel processing. Same question as JJJN I guess

Doug