Hallo JOe,

I  can't  imagine  anyone flaming you over that.  It is the content of
the  heart  which counts the most I think but we don't have any formal
tests  for  that  but the heart is evidenced by our actions and words.
Perhaps  life  is  the  test  then  and  it isn't finished until it is
finished.

Happy Happy,

Gustl

Thursday, 14 September, 2006, 14:32:56, you wrote:

JS> Hi Gustl;

JS> Your point about judgement taken, but I would like to suggest, (and no
JS> doubt I'll be flamed for this but....oh well flame suit on) that anyone
JS> who feels the need to have their intelligence rated or feels the need to
JS> be able to make some claim about it, has an ego problem that would IMHO
JS> preclude them from certain levels of sensitivity, introspection and self
JS> awareness that I tend to associate with  the aquisition of wisdom.

JS> Just my two cents.
JS> Joe

JS> [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

>>Hallo,
>>

>>Back in '66 just after returning from the Nam I was hanging
>>out with college kids and this prof who they hung out with
>>started telling me about mensa and asked me if I wanted to
>>test.  I did test and was invited to join but first was
>>invited to one of their meetings to check it out.  Turned
>>out that all these geniuses had all the answers to the
>>problem in the Nam and that everyone else was just
>>ignorant.  That was enough for me.  A bunch of arrogant
>>clowns is what I found.  Never set a foot in the Nam but
>>knew all the answers.
>>
>>A partner of mine from the Detroit area tested a couple of
>>years ago and did join but without going to a meeting
>>first.  He spent 1 year as a member and attended 2 of their
>>meetings before coming to the same conclusion I had back in
>>'66.  Seems times had changed but mensa hadn't.
>>
>>All that being said, it is still wise to remember not to
>>judge a book by its cover.  There may be some decent ones
>>out there.
>>
>>Happy Happy,
>>

>>Gustl
>>On Thu, 14 Sep 2006 06:35:49 -0700
>> "A. Lawrence" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>

>>>  You don't really think he's Mensa level do you?? I
>>>think Keith nailed it with his comments about
>>>sociopathy... they too, are "out there" and have opinions
>>>- which unfortunately are often skewed by their disorder
>>>(when untreated).... Life as we know it, goes on...

Je mehr wir haben, desto mehr fordert Gott von uns.
********
We can't change the winds but we can adjust our sails.
********
The safest road to Hell is the gradual one - the gentle slope,
soft underfoot, without sudden turnings, without milestones,
without signposts.
C. S. Lewis, "The Screwtape Letters"
********
Es gibt Wahrheiten, die so sehr auf der Straße liegen,
daß sie gerade deshalb von der gewöhnlichen Welt nicht
gesehen oder wenigstens nicht erkannt werden.
********
Those who dance are considered insane by those who can't
hear the music.
George Carlin
********
The best portion of a good man's life -
His little, nameless, unremembered acts of kindness and of love.
William Wordsworth