Chip;

Ok big deal.  I didn't mean to be anal about the numbers, and now I realize the accuracy of the numbers is not really important to the discussion. The relative proportions of the earnings are still the same and the big questions are still unanswered and I think it will be impossible to answer them unless we had a common perspective on what it means to be a member of the society and how that society is expected to work.  What is it about Emily that makes her worth 24 megabucks a year?  Or should I be asking, what is it about the other members of her society that makes them believe they should support her making that much by being part of the machine which is earning that for her? Especially if that machine is unsustainable. For sure there are people of different levels of capability in terms of what they can offer to the rest of the society, take the surgeon for example. We are so indoctrinated into the idea that we should be compensated in proportion to what our capabilities are, that we cannot see it any other way in our society so these questions seem real. Is it realistic to look at it from a perspective of time equals money?  Does this mean that if Emily spends 3.6 seconds with the bucket she has made the same contribution to her community as Albert spending a full hour with it?  It really depends on what Emily can be up to during that time which you have valued 1000 times more.  I wouldn't want to be lying somewhere with a severed artery waiting 36 seconds for Charlie to come back from his water duties. That could mean my life. How we assign value to things is pivotal to what our society is and how it works, and what we expect when we live in it.  Clearly currency has solved some of the problems that plagued a barter type system but valuing everything in terms of dollar doesn't work very well either IMHO. It's hard to imagine reorganizing on some other principle at this stage though. I don't know that alternatives which have worked well for small isolated societies (I don't want to use the word primitive) could work on a larger scale but certainly our 'first' world view could do with a little maturing.
So now have a look at Q1 -Q3.1 and notice that the questions are framed within this paradigm of value which is already biased toward a subset of answers and precludes other ideas which the paradigm does not even allow.  Sorry I didn't answer any of them but I'm not sure they are the right questions to be asking. I'm not really sure that a person is entitled to more than they need but ask a bunch of people to define need. LOL. Pyrimidal type structures require a lot of crap at the bottom to serve as a foundation for the soaring hights of the pinnacle. It sucks if you ask me. Good luck convincing the average joe to soar just for the joy of soaring or do the dishes just for the dishes. We are conditioned and indoctrinated to see the world through gain coloured glasses.  It suits our evil human nature. That's why we're all sinners don't you know.  ROFL.  I do believe it can be different but what it will take to bring about the change remains to be seen.  I don't think you will solve it by reorganizing the money.

Joe

Chip Mefford wrote:
Joe Street wrote:

ummmm well, 1 hr at $12.50/hr times 5 days a week times 48 weeks comes
to $3000.00 unless my calulator is busted...it is a microsoft thingie
after all. Assuming he dehydrates over the weekend and Christmas of course.

Joe

Ahh sheesh.

Here, I tried to build a Very Simple Model.

Key point, Very Simple.

There are 24 hours in a day,
everyone earns on a factor of 24,

the unit under debate is one hour.