Andrew Lowe wrote:

>       WHAT UTTER CRAP. One of the main causes of failure was that the steel
>that comprised the floor trusses elongated due to heating. It didn't
>melt, the heat caused its tensile strength to reduce until the floor
>trusses failed causing lateral forces on the core which itself was
>weakened by the heat, and also had a good number of floors sitting above
>it. With the load from the floors above, the lateral forces from the
>floor trusses and its columns weakened by heat it's no wonder the areas
>around the impact points failed causing the collapse.

    I used to burn wood to heat my home during the winter.  There was a
steel baffle at the top of my stove that warped after I began burning
hardwood.  Steel does not have to melt in order to lose its structural
integrity, and the added mass of collapsing floors above the weakened
steel easily explains the collapse of the World Trade Center towers.

    I've looked at the accusations concerning demolition and simply
don't buy the theory.

robert luis rabello
"The Edge of Justice"
Adventure for Your Mind