From: M&K DuPree
Sent: Monday, October 16, 2006 9:46 AM
Subject: Re: [Biofuel] Opening the garden -- Uruguay

Hi Tom and List...thanks for this post and all our gardeners' posts.  One of the additional beauties of this global List is how the summer part of the world can inspire the winter part throughout the year.  Always a garden yielding bounty somewhere.
     No matter how big or small or in what time of year, I personally love hearing how people relate to their gardens, what they plant, what they find, how they work the soil, what thoughts or feelings their gardens inspire, etc etc.  No doubt the human population generally has lost awareness of its' connection to the planet.  Perhaps more gardeners and their musings might help bring some of that awareness back and in so doing also restore a bit of lost sanity.
     Again, thank you Tom and all our gardeners who post.  Mike DuPree
     PS We harvested our basil several weeks ago for making pesto.  I really need to learn more about building up the soil and most immediately what I should do now in October in Kansas to prepare the soil for next year.