Mike,
     You wrote:
    "I'm in, Tom, but I don't think well enough, evidence the coal I burn to
run this puter and my lights and the oil I use to drive my car and to get to
market the stuff I buy, including the basic stuff, ie food,  ........"

     Go easy on yourself Mike. It'll may take a week or two to do a complete
makeover on the world. (The US is a great place to start  ....  it'll be easy
once we deflect this country towards sanity).
     Can you cut back 6% on your reliance on fossil fuels?  How about 10%?
(Help cover the "slackers" share)  .....  Sort of your own Kyoto Agreement.
     Born in '52, huh? Then you remember having certain foods only when they
were "in season."  Living in the northern US I'll try to do without fresh
strawberries in January.
     Start with what you can do.

     "We're all trapped in a strange game."

     Unlike some of the opinions expressed lately, I like to think the snare
hasn't shut yet. Taking small steps over the past year or so, and getting a
daily dose of inspiration .....  Remember:     "I don't know."?
...." that each of us is trying in his or her own way to take responsibility
for oneself,  ...... " Mike DuPree  9/16/06  Amazing Himalayan Salt
     Trapped???   More and more I feel like an animal released from it's cage.
All I'm doing is following what you said.
                   Best to you,
                               Tom

P.S.  "Do not go gentle ..... "    silent? gentle? .....   Kick and scream,
right?
I should stick with a Dylan I'm more familiar with:
 "Don't stand in the doorways, don't block up the halls, for the times they are
a changin"."