Joe,

Twice the diameter, would be close to 1 to 4, right (THE SQUARE OF
2)? Agree that 2,500 might be close to normal speed. That would be
something like 10,000 rpm for the alternator at normal speed. Talking
about that the alternator would explode at 18,000 rpm is maybe an
overstatement?

With the use of alternators in wind generators, I have never seen
them classed at more then 6-8 Kw, but would not be surprised if they
would not explode if you under extreme conditions get 12 Kw.

With 10 m diameter, you would get a lot more than 12 Kw. I would
guess, without calculations, that we are closer to 4-5 m diameter.
This after looking at existing wind generators. When we talk about
large wind, we are talking about 100's of Kw and diameters around 30
m. It was a while since I looked at wind, but it is a section on my web site.

Hakan