Peter,
I live in an area where there is an abundance of palm berries going to
waste.  Is the berry and seed the source of palm oil?  Do you just crush
them to extract the oil?

Thanks,

Frank Navarrete

On 12/20/06, Guag Meister <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hi Keith ;

> So we just can't farm without Monsanto, right.

Sensible question.  Unfortunately the article does not
propose reducing the use of herbicides but only
increasing their use.  Don't they understand that it
is only a matter of time before another weed becomes
resistant to the new cocktail and even worse than the
first?

Where does it end? The logical conclusion is the
creation of wide variety of superweeds which will
create havoc for all farmers.  Don't they see this
coming???  Apparently not.

> How is your patch of forest getting along, Peter?

Lots of things are doing really well, thanks.  But it
is a big project for me.  I'm pretty tired.

Anyone interested in my energy farm project can see
progress pics at :

www.cresard.com/pr01

The plan for this year is (budget permitting) :

1) Biogas from pig s**t.
2) Set up the ethanol still.
3) Get the wind turbine working.
4) 10K more teak seeds arriving Friday.
5) More of pigs, cattle, chickens, rabbits.
6) Plant about 10K oil palms this rainy season.
7) Dry season farming.
8) Breadfruit (for ethanol) and diesel tree (for
diesel).

> Best

And Best to you Keith.

Peter G.