In Florida, there is an extension service provided by the University of
Florida which provides all kinds of information on farming and agriculture
to the general public.  Does the local university have a program like that
in your area?  If so, they can probably provide plenty of scientific
evidence in your favor, especially if you can find a professor who is
willing to help you.  Can the health dept. really prove it's human anyhow?