Actually you will do better than now as many vitamins are synthetic and suffer
from the problem of non biologically active isomer. Sprouts are better than
most B complex as they are the real deal. Likewise 8 hens in a moveable hen
enclosure and fed fresh greens make healthy eggs. Eggs from the store are -
bluntly and honestly stated - crap.
  You waste your money buying them. Without a rooster your neighbors may not
even know you have them. My uncle in North Hollywood Ca kept them in his
backyard. Just need to keep them from wandering.
  If you rely on pharma and allopaths you are in for a big disappointment.
Maybe a long healthy life is not on your list of desireables. In that case. . .

  BTW I think anyone who starts gallon plants and sells them to those needing C
etc are doing a good work. Can become a nice business too.

  The whores did a "test" of C, E and another forget which showing vitamins
dont help. My friend in the quantities they used they dont. The C dosage was
1/4 gram per day. This is consistent with the ridiculous daily allowance
advocated by them so all should become clear.

  Kirk

BTW vitamin tests in which no distinction is made re isomers is useless as well
  The synthetic isomer which does not work is worse than just filler. It binds
the receptor site but the reaction does not proceed. Thats why herbs usually
work far better than drugstore pills.
  The pharma people know this but rig tests and studies to get the results they
want.

"D. Mindock" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
            Since Big Pharma (with gov cooperation) is out to take away our
vitamins, it's time to start growing your own. Maybe by the time
the codex alimentarius is due to kick in, I believe it's 2009, you'll have some
sea buckthorns with berries.  Peace, D. Mindock  grow your own vita C (and
etc.)   Posted by: "Gail Raby" [EMAIL PROTECTED]  Mon Dec 11, 2006 10:00 pm
(PST)   Get some sea buckthorn seeds and grow your vita C.

I have been growing herbs and plants
for landscaping for a long time. If they were edible, that was cool,
but the primary reason for growing them was their ornamental value.

I guess now --- since the lame duck congress did their dastardly
deed in the early morning hours (last chance for some to get that Big
Pharm handout) --- I am going to start buying/seeding and growing the
ones thatare primarily medicinal and vitamin or mineral dense.

Sea buckthorn is one of those nutrient dense berry plants. I plan to
order seeds of this ; so far I have not seen info on how long it takes
before it bears fruit from seed.

As to rose hips, many nurseries carry the rosa rugosa which is the one
(if I remember correctly) that makes the huge rose hips, another source of Vita
complex.

Maybe its time for us all to move to the country and start our own
personal herb pharm.
Horizon Herbs is another good source of medicinal herb seeds.

Hope this info helps.

(Hippophae Rhamnoides) Studies conducted in 20th century confirm
numerous beneficial nutritional properties of Sea Buckthorn. The
berries appear to be an unsurpassed natural source of vitamins A and
several other carotenes, vitamin E and several other tocopherols. Sea
Buckthorn berries are second only to Rose hips and Acerola in vitamin C
content. They are also rich in several other vitamins, including B1,
B2, K and P as well as in numerous flavonoids. Furthermore, the berries
have remarkably high content of essential fatty acids and phytosterols.

The EFA content in the Sea Buckthorn oil extract is 80 - 95%. Major
EFAs are oleic (C18:1) and linoleic(C18:2). Others are pentadecenoic
(C15:1), palmitoleic (C16:1), heptadecenoic (C17:1), linolenic (C18:3),
eicosenoic (C20:1), eicosadienoic (C20:2), erucic (C22:1) and nervonic
(C24:1). Among the carotenes found in Sea Buckthorn are alfa- and
beta-carotenes, lycopene, cryptoxanthin, zeaxanthin, taraxanthin and
phytofluin. Tocopherols are mostly represented by vitamin E and
gamma-tocopherol. Phytosterols of Sea Buckthorn include
beta-sitosterol, beta-amirol and erithrodiol.

Sand Mountain has 25 seeds for $2.50:
"HIPPOPHAE RHAMNOIDES North Eurasian tree of increasing economic
importance. Orange berries are rich source of vitamins A and C, and
make pleasing sauces, jellies and marmalades. The juice is used as a
sweetener for herbal teas. Decoction used to treat skin eruptions.
Seeds require 90 days stratification at 5C/40F to overcome dormancy.
Price: $2.50/pkt

If you want to buy a ready grown bush, check out ONE GREEN WORLD.
Pretty pricey (20+ per plant) since you have to have both 2 shrubs --
both a male and female bush Still, they will most likely crop
sooner than growing from seed, and you can even order a specific
cultivar.

Here is part of their blurb on this plant: Sea Berry is an extremely
hardy and valuable fruiting plant. It is unique in its ability to
produce crops in the most inhospitable areas. The fruit is very high in
Vitamin C (about 7 times more than lemons), Vitamin A, and E, and has a
pleasant acidic flavor which, when sweetened, makes delicious juice.
During the Cold War, East Germany used Sea Berry as a healthful
substitute for orange juice. The fruit is also unique for its oil
content, which is used as a treatment for burns and skin diseases as
well as for ulcers and other illnesses.We have attended three
international Sea Berry conferences and have observed its cultivation
and use in Germany, Russia, and China.

Depending on the cultivar they grow 4-6 or 10-12 feet height and are
hardy.
  ////