It seems to me, that one of the few solutions that really makes sense,
besides stopping the release of sequestered solar heat (coal, oil and
such) would be in the conversion of current solar energy to a
non-heating energy...  Another would be to cover the planet in life
forms that are able to convert solar energy to sequestered energy.
Trees come to mind...  But rather than releasing the heat once the tree
is grown, let it grow more!

Nature has been trapping solar energy for millions of years here on this
planet, and leaving deposits of this energy about wherever the ancient
forests and oceans once were.  By releasing this energy, and adding it
to the energy that the sun is still pouring out onto our planet, I can't
see how anyone can imagine that our planet will not overheat.  The
geothermal heat that is produced in the core of the planet will
eventually have no place to go, and I can imagine how one day, the
earth's solid crust will eventually become thinner, resulting in
tectonic activity not seen since the planet was much younger.

doug swanson

Terry Dyck wrote:

> The science sounds similar to Chem Trails, an inert alluminum partical
> spread by aircraft to create a cloud formation in our skies.  They
> have already caused health problems but are still being used.  Most
> people mistake them for Contrails from Jets but Chem Trails last
> longer and spread out much wider than Contrails.  They do shade the
> earth but at what cost to human health.
>
> Terry Dyck
>

>> From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>> To: biofuel@sustainablelists.org
>> Subject: Re: [Biofuel] Dr Strangelove Saves The Earth
>> Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2007 00:10:00 -0500 (EST)
>>
>> The geoengineering approach appears to ignore the problem of the seas
>> becoming more acid due to more dissolved CO2. I don't see an engineering
>> approach to that one at any bearable cost.
>>
>> Doug Woodard
>> St. Catharines, Ontario, Canada
>>
>> On Thu, 18 Jan 2007, Keith Addison wrote:
>>
>> > From: The Economist, Jan. 15, 2006
>> > <http://www.precaution.org/lib/07/prn_global_engineering.070115.htm>[P
>> > rinter-friendly version]
>> >
>> > Dr Strangelove Saves The Earth
>> >
>> > How big science might fix climate change
>> >
>> > Few scientists like to say so, but cutting greenhouse-gas emissions
>> > is not the only way to solve the problem of global warming. If
>> > man-made technologies are capable of heating the planet, they are
>> > probably capable of cooling it down again. Welcome to
>> > "geo-engineering", which holds that, rather than trying to change
>> > mankind's industrial habits, it is more efficient to counter the
>> > effects, using planetary-scale engineering.
>> >
>> > This general approach has been kicking around for decades. A paper on
>> > climate change prepared for President Lyndon Johnson in 1965 made no
>> > mention of cutting greenhouse-gas emissions. It nonchalantly proposed
>> > dealing with the results by dumping vast quantities of reflective
>> > particles into the oceans, to increase the amount of sunlight
>> > reflected into space.
>>
>> [snip]

>> Biofuel at Journey to Forever:
>> http://journeytoforever.org/biofuel.html
>>
>> Search the combined Biofuel and Biofuels-biz list archives (50,000
>> messages):
>> http://www.mail-archive.com/biofuel@sustainablelists.org/

Contentment comes not from having more, but from wanting less.

All generalizations are false.  Including this one.