OK, I hear the term "peak water" and know the idea behind it, but I
can't wrap my mind around the idea that water will become scarcer as the
globe warms, unless it escapes our atmosphere into space.

The way I see it, warmer temperatures, combined with a larger water
surface on the earth, (rising sea levels, covering what once was
"dryland") should make more clouds, and while warmer air can hold higher
levels of water vapor, don't the clouds rain eventually?

I think water capturing systems might be of benefit in the future...
Unless I'm missing something.  Someone, please explain this to me...

I mean, I do see that there's lower water flow in some of the waterways
in my area, and in my yard, but in my yard, what once was weeds and
scrub is now trees, and I think that in this case, the trees are drawing
water from the ground, diminshing the flow of the streams...

The trees are also contributing to the evaporation of ground water as it
is drawn up through the trunk, branches and leaves, bringing the earth's
minerals through every part of its being, before finally evaporating
from it from the surface of its leaves...

doug swanson

Doug Younker wrote:

>Interesting. Hopefully someone will create an animation of it's
>operation.  On drawback I see is that many places have reached "peak
>water",to borrow a phrase.  Yes stationery application could easily
>condense the exhaust.  So could vehicles, but it may a trick where the
>trend needs to be lighter/smaller vehicles.
>Doug, N0LKK
>Kansas USA inc.

Contentment comes not from having more, but from wanting less.

All generalizations are false.  Including this one.