Hello All,
     I've been reading the organic gardening/farming/composting areas on JTF.
They are great places to visit on cold winter days. One of the links had
recipes for herbal garden sprays. One of the ingredients for an insect spray is
"liquid paraffin". It seems to have many synonyms, one of which is mineral oil.

      Are liquid paraffin and mineral oil the same thing?

      What is the reason for adding paraffin wax? (I'm concerned that it may be
harmful to the beneficial insects that I try to encourage in the garden.)

                                        Tom