crosspost
  we just laid bamboo flooring and I am favorably impressed.

  Kirk

Bryan C <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
  To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
CC: GC YG <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
From: Bryan C <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2007 06:35:40 -0800 (PST)
Subject: [greenconstruction] Re: where do you go to learn how to build a house
with bamboo

i own Building with Bamboo: A Handbook by Jules J.A. Janssen
and i think it is the best practical guide i have found so far. notice how
Amazon does not have any b/c it is such a great resource that they can not keep
many in stock. here <http://www.powells.com/biblio/62-9781853392030-1> is where
i bought the book, while visiting friends in Portland OR. i could not beleive i
found it in a store, but then i found-out that Powel is that kind of kewl
bookstore, go figure (West coast USA). problem with most books is that they
treat "Building with Bamboo" as a hobby activity and not something serious. You
might want to try to contact Jules J.A. Janssen and see if you can go to
Columbia to learn about building with bamboo.

Bamboo Cultivation and Construction   Apr 13-15, 2007
<http://www.thefarm.org/etc/courses.html> course. i visited and know that they
have bamboo growing there.

March 11-23, Mastatal, Costa Rica.  Natural Building in Costa Rica.
<http://www.yestermorrow.org/courses.htm> 888-496-5541. found at
<www.thelaststraw.org/calendarNB.html>

<http://naturalhomes.org/learning-other.htm>
this is the most comprehensive list and includes the above two courses.

Re: where do you go to learn how to build a house with bamboo
Posted by: "[EMAIL PROTECTED]" [EMAIL PROTECTED]

I don't know 'bout classes/courses on the subject, but there are a few good
books available. Here's an Amazon.com list on the subject:

http://tinyurl. com/3ys2t9

Brina

peace be with you

regards,
brYan

"Begin doing what you want to do now. We are not living in eternity. We have
only this moment, sparkling like a star in our hand, and melting like a
snowflake." ~ Marie Beyon Ray

member of: