I'm sure the truth is somewhere in between - I think I'm leery of
"USDA-approved" because of all the loopholes - for instance your cattle
must be feed natural non-GMO, non-chemically-laded feed, unless of
course you think that's too expensive, then you can feed cattle toxic
sludge pellets and still market the meat as organic.  Also, the SCC read
in even organic milk is often quite high.  I don't want to drink baked
pus, which can be 10% of the volume of milk.  Yechh.