"This bill provides significant funding for research that will
improve the security of crop pollination and support strong
populations of honey bees and native bees."

Hm, really.

Prof. Joe Cummins says: "I have been concerned that the authorities
are ignoring or even suppressing information on the effect of
pesticides on the honey bee immune system... I have been impressed by
the apparent unwillingness of regulators to consider the kinds of
interaction mentioned above and the granting agencies seem unwilling
to support such important research."

Wonder why that might be. LOL!

If you have a look at these:

http://www.mail-archive.com/biofuel@sustainablelists.org/msg69552.html
[Biofuel] bee followup
(No organic bee losses)

Michael Bush's Bees Web site:
http://bushfarms.com/bees.htm

BeeSource:
http://www.beesource.com/pov/lusby/index.htm

... it seems that CCD (Colony Collapse Disorder) is yet another
self-inflicted ailment of industrialised agriculture - the bees
themselves are industrialised, like Tyson's chickens, pumped up to an
unnaturally large size, chemicalised, over-stressed, no hope of being
healthy.

Similarly the crops that aren't being pollinated are industrialised
monocrops, same scene.

Well, frankly, so what? Chuck another law at it, what's it matter. If
it doesn't work they could always try growing food instead of all
this toxic crap.

The cracks in the concrete are sure spreading fast these days. Seems
to be heading for a severe bout of agricultural system collapse
disorder. None too soon, IMHO.

Best

Keith

-------